In memory of Allie Rose Zambito
The 2022 NFHL Spring Tournament is in memory of NFHL alumna Allie Zambito (#27) who played on the High Point University club field hockey team. Allie was an NFHL all-star and was on the team both her freshman and senior years, when High Point University qualified for the NFHL Fall Championship.
Spring Tournament Teams
|SCHOOL||PAYMENT STATUS||PRELIM SURVEY COMPLETED||HOTEL CONFIRMED||ROSTER RCVD||COMPLETED WAIVER FORMS|
Special NFHL rates for players and fans
Spring Tournament Requirements
- Teams are guaranteed at least 3 games.
- The tournament is setup as pool-play, and teams are ranked based on the fall 2021 standings.
- The tournament first come, first serve. Teams must first RSVP and are required to pay dues by the deadline (see below). NOTE: for the 2022 Spring Tournament, teams who were scheduled to attend the 2020 Spring Tournament will have automatic entry as long as they complete the Early RSVP by the assigned deadline (see below).
- All teams are required to be prepared and available to play between 12pm-5pm on Friday, 7am-8pm on Saturday AND 7am-3pm on Sunday.
- If a team needs to request to play non-Friday games, they must indicate this on the RSVP form. The NFHL will do its best to accommodate all requests. Non-Friday game requests will be prioritized for teams traveling significant distances or with extenuating circumstances.
- Sometimes games need to be switched and rearranged – we need you to be flexible, patient, and open-minded.
- Teams must bring light and dark colored shirts/jerseys.
- All teams (full and honorary members) are invited to play in the Spring Tournament. It is first come, first serve.
- By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team and paying dues. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
- 2022 Dues = $750 per team. For teams that were scheduled to attend the 2020 Spring Tournament, a credit of $500 will be applied to these tournament dues (if the credit has not already been used or refunded).
- Tournament dues are non-refundable.
Teams that would like to participate in the tournament must abide by the following rules and deadlines:
- (NEW) December 6th, 2021 – Early RSVP Deadline (RSVP link will be sent out November 22nd)
Teams that were scheduled to attend the 2020 Spring Tournament (cancelled due to COVID-19), and did not attend the 2021 Fall Challenge Cup, will have automatic entry into the Spring Tournament, as long as a RSVP is submitted by this deadline. On December 7th, the tournament will open up to all other teams in the league. By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues. NOTE: these teams have a $500 credit on their account which leaves a remaining balance of $250 for tournament dues (if the credit has not already been used or refunded).
- (UPDATED) December 15th, 2022 – General RSVP Deadline (RSVP link will be sent out December 7th)
On December 7th, all teams in the NFHL will have the opportunity to sign up for the tournament. By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
- (UPDATED) February 15th, 2022 – Dues/P2P Deadline
- OPTION 1: PAY ONLINE
Easiest and fastest way to pay and avoid accruing late fees (late fees start accruing February 15th – see below).
PAY ONLINE HERE
- OPTION 2: MAIL A CHECK
If mailing a check, it must be received by the NFHL by February 15th (late fees start accruing February 15th – see below). If you have any concerns that your check will not make it to our office by February 15th, please also make sure your school submits a Promise to Pay (P2P) email (option 3) to avoid late fees.
- OPTION 3: PROMISE TO PAY (P2P) FROM YOUR SCHOOL
Download the tournament invoice to give to your school (to have them send us a check or pay online). Your school must send us a Promise to Pay (P2P) email by February 15th. The P2P email must be sent from the team’s assigned school representative (Club Sports Director, etc.), or someone authorized on their behalf, and must include the following:
- Verification that all paperwork has been submitted and that dues are being processed
- Estimated timeline of when the NFHL should receive the check
This P2P email must be sent to email@example.com by February 15th.
- Dues/P2P not received by February 15th: a late fee of $25 will be charged to a team’s account.
- Dues/P2P not received by March 1st: an additional late fee of $50 will be will be charged to a team’s account.
- Dues/P2P not received by March 15th: if the NFHL has not received a team’s dues/P2P by March 15th, the team will not be allowed to participate in the Spring Tournament. The team will be removed from the tournament, placed on probation and their account deactivated on the NFHL website. The team will only be reinstated with a majority vote from the NFHL officers and once all dues and late fees have been paid.
All teams must cancel in writing (send email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Teams that have submitted a written RSVP and cancel:
- On or before February 15th: still required to pay dues by March 15th. Failure to pay dues will result in probation from the league. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues have been paid.
- February 16th – March 14th: still required to pay dues by March 15th. Failure to pay dues plus any accrued late fees will result in probation from the league. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and late fees have been paid.
- March 15th or later: still required to pay dues PLUS a $500 fine by April 15th. Failure to pay dues, the $500 fine and any accrued late fees will result in probation from the league. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues, $500 fine and late fees have been paid.
Teams that have committed to coming to the Spring Tournament (by submitting an RSVP and sending their dues) and do not show:
- Will be put on probation until notified by league coordinators and must pay a fine of $500.
- Team will be reinstated only by majority votes by co-coordinators and other team representatives.
Pre-Order Tournament Shirts
- All tournament shirts must be PRE-ORDERED ONLINE.
- Shirts will not be for sale at the tournament.
- Shirts ordered online will be available for pickup at the Registration Table at the tournament. We cannot ship shirts!
Male Field Player Addendum: Male Players (Regular and OT) – “Up Two”: The number of male field players allowed for each team is determined prior to the start of the tournament. The team with more male field players, as listed on their final roster submitted to the NFHL, is allowed to field a maximum of 2 more than the number of male field players listed on the opposing team’s roster. The number of male field players on each team’s roster cannot change once the final roster is submitted, regardless of injuries, attendance, etc. The goalie is excluded from this rule.
Teams need to submit a copy of their roster prior to the deadline to email@example.com. Please also bring a copy with you to the tournament. Download the Roster Form here: Roster Form
- All players listed are required to be eligible players as determined by your school’s rules. You may also include alumni, as per NFHL rules.
- All players listed on your roster will need to have a Waiver and Release Form (please see below).
Player Waiver And Release Form
All players listed on the roster are REQUIRED to turn in a completed waiver and release form. Players without a signed release form will not be allowed to play in the tournament.
- Captains should distribute the link (for players 18 and older as of tournament day) and PDF form (for players under 18 on tournament day) to all players.
- 18+ players should complete the online form prior to the deadline, and forward a copy of their responses to their captain/coach.
- U18 players should download the PDF and submit the signed copy (parent/guardian signature is required) to their captain or coach prior to the deadline.
- Captains/coaches should email the U18 forms to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single document, prior to the deadline.
- Captains are responsible for tracking the completion of all forms by their players and for submitting the U18 forms.
- Please note: all players under 18 years of age are required to have a parent/guardian signature.
Directions and Field Information
- Teams are allowed to have as many fans as they like attend the tournament.
- Free admission and parking for all fans.
- Please keep your fans updated if any changes are made.
- All fans are required to abide by all NFHL and Sportsplex rules.
- Fans who are disruptive and do not abide by the misconduct rules will be removed from the tournament and will jeopardize their’s teams entry in the tournament.
- We take this VERY seriously!
- Outside food/beverages will NOT be allowed on the premises.
- Boxed lunches will be coordinated with the Sportsplex and will be delivered to the field.
Order Boxed Lunches Here
Deadline to order is March 25th
Weather / Cancellations
- We can never predict the weather.
- We may need to rearrange games and/or restructure the format of the tournament in extreme weather.
- Kristin will keep all teams informed of any changes via email – please check your emails on a regular basis!
- Please be flexible – it’s up to you to make this tournament fun and successful.