NFHL SPRING TOURNAMENT
SAVE THE DATE
April 3-5, 2020
Virginia Beach Sports Complex
Virginia Beach, VA
CONGRATULATIONS TO UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA!
2019 SPRING TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!
Spring Tournament Requirements
- Teams are guaranteed at least 3 games.
- The tournament is setup as pool-play, and teams are ranked based on the fall 2019 standings.
- The tournament is limited to a max of 28 teams. It is first come, first serve. Teams must first RSVP and are required to pay dues by the deadline (see below).
- All teams are required to be prepared and available to play between 7am-8pm on Saturday AND 7am-3pm on Sunday.
- Sometimes games need to be switched and rearranged – we need you to be flexible, patient, and open-minded.
- Teams must bring light and dark colored shirts/jerseys.
- All teams (full and honorary members) are invited to play in the Spring Tournament. It is first come, first serve – we allow a maximum of 28 teams.
- By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team and paying dues. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
- 2020 Dues = $500 per team
Teams that would like to participate in the tournament must abide by the following rules and deadlines:
- January 6th, 2020 – RSVP Deadline
By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
- February 6th, 2020 – Dues/Email Verification DeadlineOPTION 1: PAY ONLINE
Easiest and fastest way to secure your spot in the tournament.
PAY ONLINE HEREOPTION 2: MAIL A CHECK
Dues must be received by the NFHL by February 6th If you have any concerns that your check will not make it to our office by February 6th, please also submit a letter of verification (option 2) so that your spot in the tournament is not forfeited.OPTION 3: PROMISE TO PAY FROM YOUR SCHOOL
Submit the tournament invoice to your school (to have them send us a check or pay online) AND your school must send us a verification email. Your school must send us an email to verify that the paperwork for dues has been submitted before February 6th and the estimated date we will receive payment. This must be emailed to email@example.com. If your school needs a copy of our W-9, you can download it here.If the NFHL has not received payment/letter from the school by February 6th, the team will be removed from the tournament. Teams that are removed will be notified by email by the NFHL. You will still be required to pay dues for the tournament.
All teams must cancel in writing (send email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Teams that have submitted a written RSVP and cancel:
- On or before the Dues Deadline: No penalty
- After the Dues Deadline: Are still required to pay dues PLUS a $250 fine prior to the tournament. Failure to pay dues PLUS the $250 fine before the tournament will result in probation from the league. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and $250 fine are paid.
- After the Last-Minute Cancellation Deadline (less than 1 month before the tournament): Are still required to pay dues PLUS a $500 fine prior to the tournament. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and $500 fine are paid.
Teams that have committed to coming to the Spring Tournament (by submitting an RSVP and sending their dues) and do not show:
- Will be put on probation until notified by league coordinators and must pay a fine of $500.
- Team will be reinstated only by majority votes by co-coordinators and other team representatives.
Pre-Order Tournament Shirts
- All tournament shirts must be PRE-ORDERED ONLINE.
- Shirts will not be for sale at the tournament.
- Shirts ordered online will be available for pickup at the Registration Table at the tournament. We cannot ship shirts!
Teams need to bring a copy of their complete roster to the tournament and submit it when they register. Download the Roster Form here and bring it with you to the tournament.
- Please also bring a copy of your roster to the tournament Registration Table when you check in prior to your first game.
- All players listed on your roster will need to have a Waiver and Release Form (please see below).
Player Waiver And Release Form
All players listed on the roster are REQUIRED to turn in a completed waiver and release form. Players without a signed release form will not be allowed to play in the tournament.
- Captains should download the release form, and distribute to all players.
- Captains are responsible for collecting all player forms, verifying that all sections have been completed, and turning the forms in together when you check in at the Registration Table prior to the start of your first game.
- Please note: all players under 18 years of age are required to have a parent/guardian signature.
Directions and Field Information
- Virginia Beach Sportsplex | Website: www.beachsportsplex.com
- 2181 Landstown Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Turf shoes only – NO spiked cleats
- Free parking is available for all teams and parents
- Teams are allowed to have as many fans as they like attend the tournament.
- Free admission and parking for all fans.
- Please keep your fans updated if any changes are made.
- All fans are required to abide by all NFHL and Sportsplex rules.
- Fans who are disruptive and do not abide by the misconduct rules will be removed from the tournament and will jeopardize their’s teams entry in the tournament.
- We take this VERY seriously!
Special NFHL rates for players and fans
Hyatt Place Virginia Beach Town Center
335 Independence Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- $119/night plus tax – 2 queen beds plus sofa sleeper (sleeps up to 6 people).
- $89/night plus tax – 1 king bed plus sofa sleeper (sleeps up to 4 people).
- Rates guaranteed for reservations made by March 18th, 2020.
- BRAND NEW hotel! Free parking.
- Free HOT breakfast included! Hours: 6:30am-9:30am.
- Located in Town Center of Virginia Beach – with several restaurants, retail stores, and entertainment – all within walking distance!
- 15 minutes from the fields.
Book Online Here
Use corporate code G-FIEL or call 888-591-1234 or 757-431-7000 and ask for the “National Field Hockey League April 2020″ rate. Only 2 rooms per reservations can be booked online. You may submit multiple reservations if you need more than 2 rooms.
Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South
1011 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451
- Oceanfront hotel! 15 minutes to the fields
- $134 per night (2 queen beds) plus tax
- Includes free breakfast
- Teams who have buses or vans MUST contact Connie Nosay in advance (757-321-8340)
- $25 per day fee for bus parking, free parking for vans
- Outside food/beverages will NOT be allowed on the premises.
- Boxed lunches will be coordinated with the Sportsplex and will be delivered to the field.
Order Boxed Lunches Here
Deadline to order is March 25th
Weather / Cancellations
- We can never predict the weather.
- We may need to rearrange games and/or restructure the format of the tournament in extreme weather.
- Kristin will keep all teams informed of any changes via email – please check your emails on a regular basis!
- Please be flexible – it’s up to you to make this tournament fun and successful.