In memory of Allie Rose Zambito
The 2022 NFHL Spring Tournament is in memory of NFHL alumna Allie Zambito (#27) who played on the High Point University club field hockey team. Allie was an NFHL all-star and was on the team both her freshman and senior years, when High Point University qualified for the NFHL Fall Championship.
Spring Tournament Teams
|SCHOOL||PAYMENT STATUS||PRELIM SURVEY COMPLETED||HOTEL CONFIRMED||ROSTER RCVD||COMPLETED WAIVER FORMS|
Special NFHL rates for players and fans
Spring Tournament Requirements
- Teams are guaranteed at least 3 games.
- The tournament is setup as pool-play, and teams are ranked based on the fall 2019 standings.
- The tournament is limited to a max of 28 teams. It is first come, first serve. Teams must first RSVP and are required to pay dues by the deadline (see below).
- All teams are required to be prepared and available to play between 7am-8pm on Saturday AND 7am-3pm on Sunday.
- Sometimes games need to be switched and rearranged – we need you to be flexible, patient, and open-minded.
- Teams must bring light and dark colored shirts/jerseys.
- All teams (full and honorary members) are invited to play in the Spring Tournament. It is first come, first serve – we allow a maximum of 28 teams.
- By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team and paying dues. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
- 2020 Dues = $500 per team.
- Tournament dues are non-refundable.
Teams that would like to participate in the tournament must abide by the following rules and deadlines:
- January 6th, 2020 – RSVP Deadline
By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
- February 6th, 2020 – Dues/Email Verification Deadline
- OPTION 1: PAY ONLINE
Easiest and fastest way to secure your spot in the tournament.
PAY ONLINE HERE
- OPTION 2: MAIL A CHECK
Dues must be received by the NFHL by February 6th If you have any concerns that your check will not make it to our office by February 6th, please also submit a letter of verification (option 3) so that your spot in the tournament is not forfeited.
- OPTION 3: PROMISE TO PAY FROM YOUR SCHOOL
Submit the tournament invoice to your school (to have them send us a check or pay online) AND your school must send us a verification email. Your school must send us an email to verify that the paperwork for dues has been submitted before February 6th and the estimated date we will receive payment. This must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your school needs a copy of our W-9, you can download it here. If a verification email is received by February 6th, the deadline to pay will be extended to March 6th. If the NFHL has not received payment/letter from the school by February 6th, the team will be removed from the tournament. Teams that are removed will be notified by email by the NFHL. You will still be required to pay dues for the tournament.
- March 6th, 2020 – Last Minute Cancellation Deadline
Teams that cancel after this deadline are still required to pay dues PLUS a $500 fine prior to the tournament. See below for more details.
All teams must cancel in writing (send email to email@example.com). Teams that have submitted a written RSVP and cancel:
- On or before the Dues Deadline: No penalty
- After the Dues Deadline: Are still required to pay dues PLUS a $250 fine prior to the tournament. Failure to pay dues PLUS the $250 fine before the tournament will result in probation from the league. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and $250 fine are paid.
- After the Last-Minute Cancellation Deadline (less than 1 month before the tournament): Are still required to pay dues PLUS a $500 fine prior to the tournament. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and $500 fine are paid.
Teams that have committed to coming to the Spring Tournament (by submitting an RSVP and sending their dues) and do not show:
- Will be put on probation until notified by league coordinators and must pay a fine of $500.
- Team will be reinstated only by majority votes by co-coordinators and other team representatives.
Pre-Order Tournament Shirts
- All tournament shirts must be PRE-ORDERED ONLINE.
- Shirts will not be for sale at the tournament.
- Shirts ordered online will be available for pickup at the Registration Table at the tournament. We cannot ship shirts!
Male Field Player Addendum: Male Players (Regular and OT) – “Up Two”: The number of male field players allowed for each team is determined prior to the start of the tournament. The team with more male field players, as listed on their final roster submitted to the NFHL, is allowed to field a maximum of 2 more than the number of male field players listed on the opposing team’s roster. The number of male field players on each team’s roster cannot change once the final roster is submitted, regardless of injuries, attendance, etc. The goalie is excluded from this rule.
Teams need to submit a copy of their roster prior to the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also bring a copy with you to the tournament. Download the Roster Form here: Roster Form
- All players listed are required to be eligible players as determined by your school’s rules. You may also include alumni, as per NFHL rules.
- All players listed on your roster will need to have a Waiver and Release Form (please see below).
Player Waiver And Release Form
All players listed on the roster are REQUIRED to turn in a completed waiver and release form. Players without a signed release form will not be allowed to play in the tournament.
- Captains should distribute the link (for players 18 and older as of tournament day) and PDF form (for players under 18 on tournament day) to all players.
- 18+ players should complete the online form prior to the deadline, and forward a copy of their responses to their captain/coach.
- U18 players should download the PDF and submit the signed copy (parent/guardian signature is required) to their captain or coach prior to the deadline.
- Captains/coaches should email the U18 forms to email@example.com in a single document, prior to the deadline.
- Captains are responsible for tracking the completion of all forms by their players and for submitting the U18 forms.
- Please note: all players under 18 years of age are required to have a parent/guardian signature.
Directions and Field Information
- Virginia Beach Field Hockey Training Center (Fields 1 and 2)
- 2181 Landstown Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Hampton Roads Soccer Complex (Fields 6 and 8)
- 2276 Recreation Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Turf shoes only – NO spiked cleats
- Free parking is available for all teams and parents
- Teams are allowed to have as many fans as they like attend the tournament.
- Free admission and parking for all fans.
- Please keep your fans updated if any changes are made.
- All fans are required to abide by all NFHL and Sportsplex rules.
- Fans who are disruptive and do not abide by the misconduct rules will be removed from the tournament and will jeopardize their’s teams entry in the tournament.
- We take this VERY seriously!
- Outside food/beverages will NOT be allowed on the premises.
- Boxed lunches will be coordinated with the Sportsplex and will be delivered to the field.
Order Boxed Lunches Here
Deadline to order is March 25th
Weather / Cancellations
- We can never predict the weather.
- We may need to rearrange games and/or restructure the format of the tournament in extreme weather.
- Kristin will keep all teams informed of any changes via email – please check your emails on a regular basis!
- Please be flexible – it’s up to you to make this tournament fun and successful.