To be eligible to apply as a member in the National Field Hockey League, the following requirements must be met:
- A club-level field hockey team from an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States.
- Players on the team must meet all eligibility requirements as determined by their college or university.
- The team must have an assigned school representative (Club Sports Director, etc.) who will represent the team for any concerns relating to membership responsibilities, player eligibility, dues, and tournament commitments.
Members have the right to play against other NFHL members, compete in the Fall Championship (eligible full members only – see details below), compete in the Spring Tournament, submit team responses to league surveys, and to enjoy other privileges of membership as outlined in the NFHL bylaws.
To apply for membership, click the “Join” tab above. Applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss the details of your membership. If approved, you will be given a login ID and password for your account.
- Members must have at least one captain or coach attend the mandatory annual league meeting.
- Members must sign a social media policy and liability release form each year, prior to the start of the season.
- Members must comply with all deadlines set by the NFHL.
- Members must read and comply with all NFHL emails.
- Members must complete all surveys and respond to all league votes.
- Members must update team contact information in a timely manner.
- Members must abide by all NFHL rules as outlined below.
Failure to comply with the rules of the league will result in the following:
- First offense: a written warning.
- Second offense: probation until notified by league officers.
- Team will be reinstated only by majority votes by league officers.
Honorary vs. Full Members
There are two types of member teams in the National Field Hockey League, Honorary and Full members. The table below outlines the major differences and similarities between the two types of memberships. If you have additional questions, please email our Teams Manager at Teams@NationalFieldHockeyLeague.com.
The biggest difference? Only Full members have a chance to make it to our Fall Championship!
“A” vs. “B” Teams
All teams (new and returning) are categorized as either an “A” team or a “B” team. A full team can be an “A” or “B” team and an Honorary team can be an “A” or a “B” team. The A/B split is only used for ranking purposes.
Click here for Ranking Info