CONGRATULATIONS TO UNC Chapel Hill!
2018 FALL CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS!
Fall Championship Requirements
- Teams must be able to send a full team to the Championship (11 players minimum).
- Teams must be available to play from 7am-8pm on Saturday AND from 7am-2pm on Sunday.
- ALL teams must RSVP (top 16 teams and alternates) by the deadline (TBD).
- The schedule will be released by November 11th (subject to change).
- All teams are required to be available to play between 7am-8pm on Saturday AND 7am-2pm on Sunday.
- Sometimes games need to be switched and rearranged – we need you to be flexible, patient, and open-minded.
- Teams must bring light and dark colored shirts/jerseys.
Pre-Order Tournament Shirts
- All shirts MUST be pre-ordered online will be available for pickup at the Registration Table at the tournament.
- We cannot ship shirts.
- Shirts must be ordered by Monday November 11th.
- All Stars at the tournament will receive a free tournament t-shirt. T-shirts must be picked up at the Registration Table before 12pm on Saturday.
- All Full Member teams (even those not attending the tournament) will still submit the names of their top 2 All Stars and their names will be posted on our website.
- Teams need to bring a copy of their complete roster to the tournament and submit it when they register.
- Rosters must be signed by the school’s Club Sports Recreation Department to verify that all players are allowed to play on the team.
- Please use the NFHL Roster Form.
Directions and Field Information
- Virginia Beach Sportsplex | Website: www.beachsportsplex.com
- 2181 Landstown Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Turf shoes only – NO spiked cleats
- Free parking is available for all teams and parents
- Teams are allowed to have as many fans as they like attend the tournament.
- Free admission and parking for all fans.
- Please keep your fans updated if any changes are made.
- All fans are required to abide by all NFHL and Sportsplex rules.
- Fans who are disruptive and do not abide by the misconduct rules will be removed from the tournament and will jeopardize their’s teams entry in the tournament.
- We take this VERY seriously!
Special NFHL rates for players and fans
Hyatt Place Virginia Beach Town Center
335 Independence Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- $115/night plus tax – 2 queen beds plus sofa sleeper (sleeps up to 6 people).
- Rates guaranteed for reservations made by November 8th, 2019.
- BRAND NEW hotel! Free parking.
- Free HOT breakfast included! Hours: 6:30am-9:30am.
- Located in Town Center of Virginia Beach – with several restaurants, retail stores, and entertainment – all within walking distance!
- 15 minutes from the fields.
Book Online Here
Use corporate code G-HOCK or call 888-591-1234 or 757-431-7000 and ask for the “National Field Hockey League November 2019″ rate. Only 2 rooms per reservations can be booked online. You may submit multiple reservations if you need more than 2 rooms.
Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South
1011 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451
- Oceanfront hotel! 15 minutes to the fields
- $119 per night (2 queen beds) plus tax
- Includes free breakfast
- Teams who have buses or vans MUST contact Connie Nosay in advance (757-321-8340)
- $25 per day fee for bus parking, free parking for vans
Hilton Garden Inn Town Center
The Town Center of Virginia Beach
252 Town Center Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA
- $104 per night (1 king bed) or $124 per night (2 queen beds) plus tax
- Includes free breakfast (if the reservation is made through link)
- Located in Town Center – very walkable area with shops and dining!
- 15 minutes to the fields
- Outside food/beverages will NOT be allowed on the premises.
- Boxed lunches will be coordinated with the Sportsplex and will be delivered to the field.
Order Boxed Lunches Here
Deadline to order is Monday November 11th.
Weather / Cancellations
- We can never predict the weather.
- We may need to rearrange games and/or restructure the format of the tournament in extreme weather.
- Kristin will keep all teams informed of any changes via email – please check your emails on a regular basis!
- Please be flexible – it’s up to you to make this tournament fun and successful.